Tuesday 18 December 2018

"An Evening Of Christmas Cheer"
Nottingham Arts Theatre.
What a cracking Christmas Cracker of a festive show this was, and more fool you lot who missed it!
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Christmas and the lead up to Christmas, and this show, rapidly following on from their smash hit panto, set the mood perfectly.
A gorgeous melting pot of classic carols and hymns as well as more contemporary pop Christmas hits, blended in with some music theatre hits. Fold in some festive readings and this Christmas offering left even the most Grinch like of people feeling toasty warm inside with a massive grin on their face.
It was lovely to see many of the regular faces on stage again for this one night only celebration (which i really hope becomes an annual do). Not only did they entertain us splendidly, they looked really happy to be doing so as well.
Bertie BlackChristine Boothe, Mike Bulford, Glenise Ellis, Laura EllisTony Ghostwalker, John GillElla GreenwoodAmanda HallBeth Hinchliffe, Barry Hobbs, Jacob FowlerPatrick McChrystalRay McleodMike PearsonSophie Petruccio-HallMarie RogersAmy Rogers-GeeHannah Rogers-GeeAlison SheppardRoy SmithLaura Thurman and Emily Wilkins sprinkled Christmas cheer over the theatre and the audience. All we needed was snow.
And I must not forget Rob Kettridge and Nathan Penney on the technical side of things
The audience were provided with song sheets for the carols and were encouraged to sing along, and even I aired a few vocals from the anonymity of my seat , so wrapped in a merry mood was I.
Not only did this special show spread the most festive of cheer, but it also showcased some of Nottingham's finest voices, and I really am trying not to spotlight any singers, as they were all so very good, but there were a few performances that really did give me that shiver up my spine moment. Nothing that was not expected by me as I've mentioned their names in many reviews over the years for their vocal prowess, and here they also shone in a sky full of equally sparkling stars that radiated from the Nottingham Arts Theatre stage.
I'd also like to mention how beautiful the theatre itself looked with its' deep red curtains and blue stage, and the seats being so much more comfortable after the refurbishment, which is still a work in progress but well on their way.
I am very lucky in knowing the majority of the people on stage tonight, well enough to chat with them when our paths cross, and that means that i know their work ethic and what they are capable of, and when they perform to this standard, it makes me very proud just to be able to say that i know you.
To everyone on stage, and behind the scenes who have given so much entertainment to us audience members for the last year, I'd just like to thank you for your amazing talent, the blood, sweat and tears that you all give, the time you give up for rehearsals, the hard work that you all put in to make your performances look so effortless. Thank you, I am so in awe of the special talent you have.
Have an amazing Christmas and I can't wait to see you all again in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment